Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ask kicked!!!

So today I got my ass kicked! Pride, ego and anything else that goes with that kicked! I have soo much to learn and so far to go. Today was just a reality slap into the work that I have to face to accomplish the FIRST step on this journey.
I learned how to ride a bike today. Does anyone remember the first time they learned to ride a bike without training wheels? Well that's what today was for me. I took the training wheels off the the bike for the first time. I made it down the driveway, but coming back up was hard and scary. I got a look at reality square in the face. It was totally fun and exciting. had complete joy in the moment of stepping up to face reality and doing these first real steps. Then I saw someone who has been doing this kind of training for sometime doing it and He blew me out of the water!!!

Not an easy thing to say happened. I have always prided myself on being fast. But technique was a definite advantage to skating FAST. My muscles are old and out of shape. They haven't been trained or worked out in 12 years.

I spent 3 of those twelve years flat in bed not knowing if I wanted the next day to exists. 4 of those years trying to put one foot in front of the other and relearn who I am and what I was created to be and do. Now that I know what I am to be doing, I feel like a person who has been in a coma for most of their life and is learning to get out of bed and make it to the bathroom without help. a little dramatic, maybe. But then again maybe not. Losing everything that you thought was important in your life, then finding beauty in stuff you took for granted is pretty dramatic!

Now I wake up and look forward to seeing what tomorrow will bring and how I am going to learn how to handle it. I have found that most of the time that I must look at it, let it go and relearn.

So today I rode the bike down my drive way and back up. What will tomorrow bring? The side walk or the street. I can't wait to face my first hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment