Saturday, March 6, 2010

Inline Skating

Today I worked out in the fresh air. What a pleasure it was to be outside skating.

I started skating with my old inline skates. They have 78mm wheels and swiss bone bearings. Today's skater use 110mm with fast ceramic bearings. So It's funny to watch these people out on the bike path skating faster then they have any right to skate. I am out working my butt off to skate fast compared to them.

So after 1 hour and 4 minutes, I have 18 miles of training in my inlines completed today. Every out of shape muscle in my body was screaming for me to stop. The only muscle that's not out of shape is my tongue in my mouth so thank God that remained shut and not saying one word!!! I felt free and alive in this painful place called skating, and was able to relax and enjoy the workout in an amazing way. Technique was shaky, kept sitting to far forward on my skates and when i rolled over a rock or broken shell that jammed my front wheel, it was a quick reminder to sit back or have severe road rash on my face.

On the last mile, in the middle of the path sat a duck, looking at me as if to say you better jump because I am not budging. And sure enough that duck didn't budge. So with a quick jump and some fast footwork, my beyond exhausted body was finished
For a moment or maybe 2......

No comments:

Post a Comment