Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nicer to Myself



Some times in life we meet unexpected challenges and this trip to Master Worlds in Canada will be one of those times


The only thing I can tell you is this. I know I am a very competitive person and I have always gone to compete in any competition,
In “ready” mode. And I can tell you this, I am so far from ready to compete I can hardly walk correctly and forget the stamina thing. I haven’t done cardio at all in a month.

This is what I have been telling myself, and so far it’s helped a lot!

1st. This is going to be fun for me, I am going to learn something from this about myself and I am going to learn from those around me.

2nd. I have always liked going to events to watch before, so this time I get to watch with practice too!

3rd. I AM going to compete giving everything I have, (listen to this this is IMPORTANT! )Because I have done everything that I could have done at this moment in my life to be ready for this event!

I haven’t done it the way I wanted to do it, but I have challenged myself everyday to do something out of my comfort zone.
And to move myself forward and not give in OR give up in the situation I have been dealt!

4th. No shoulda, coulda or woulda’s. I am doing something I love, Something that makes me feel good about myself, Something that a lot of people would give anything to
be able to do. I will give everything I have at this moment. AND THAT’S ALL THAT IS IMPORTANT.

When I look back at things I have done in my life, the only things that make me sad are the memories of the stuff I didn’t give my all on.
I am not going to beat myself up over this event I have been working hard from a different angle in life. Isn’t that what competing is about, working all obstacles!

No comments:

Post a Comment