Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The more I learn the less I know

Learning is humbling! I really have to let go of any pride I might have on knowledge of skating to learn the technique of this sport. My body is struggling to let go of years of training it to go in one position to go into these new positions I am learning. I am so tired from this inner (and outer) tug of war. I am wondering when the new will take over the old. Letting go of learned "stuff" is hard in life as well as sport. Out with the old and in with the new is easier said then done.
My body hurts in places that I never knew could hurt. Skating has never been so difficult to do. I feel like I have never been on the ice before. But my brain knows what speed feels like and going painfully slow is killing me.
But the cool part is the pull inside of me that can't wait to get back on the ice again and start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment